The South African Small Rifle Field Shooting Association – hereafter called SASRFSA.
This Code of Conduct applies to members, administrators, officials, competitors, and any other person associated with the SASRFSA.
CODE of CONDUCT
- Act within the Rules and Regulations of the Sport, which is contained in a separate document available at www.sasrfsa.co.za and form an integral part of this Code of Conduct.
- Strive to be honest and trustworthy and promote fair play over winning at all costs. Under all circumstances and conditions, members are expected to adhere to high standards of integrity.
- Show sporting behaviour and respect for other shooters, their safety, and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
- Respect and abide by the range officer`s decision and also to the committee's decisions, and in the event of disagreement or dispute, raise the matter in an appropriate forum and situation. Never argue with an official. Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials or other shooters will not be tolerated.
- Act with integrity and objectivity and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Abusive, argumentative, threatening, aggressive and bullying behaviour as well as bad sportsmanship will not be tolerated at all. If you demonstrate aggressive behaviour, you will face disciplinary action immediately, with a very high probability of being expelled from the association.
- All members shall treat all equipment, targets, ranges and the land on which competitions are being held, with respect.
- Refrain from any form of intimidation or victimisation towards others.
- Refrain from any negative remarks towards the organizers of the competition.
- The Association strongly opposes and condemns the use of illegal performance enchanting substances in the sport.
- The Association support the need for the development of the previously disadvantaged sportsmen and women in shooting in South Africa.
This Code of Conduct is subject to change at the discretion of the National body's Executive Committee.